Sunday, March 25, 2012

Be Happy Challenge #5

Watch General Conference and write down the impressions you receive from the Spirit.

General Conference is a special time when the prophet and his apostles address the whole church worldwide. This is a time when we as members of the church have the opportunity to receive counsel from the leaders of the church. Heavenly Father has called these people to lead us at this time. The counsel we receive during General Conference is for our time and our situations.

As we listen to the talks given at conference we have the opportunity to gain personal revelation. The Lord will speak to us through the mouths of his servants. Listen to conference with a willing mind and heart. Write down the impressions you get from the Spirit.

Be happy watching General Conference!

2 comments:

  1. During the Sunday morning session of conference, I really liked Sister Julie B Beck talk. I liked how she talked about the protecting wall of Relief society. I liked this because it kinds of reminds me of our ward Relief society, it seems like know that our ward is smaller, it seems like we are closer and that we are getting to know the sister that we have in the ward. Also in her talked about liked how she talked about strength homes of Zion, and how we can do this little by little and even if we start with the small things and works on the big things over time and we needed to make our homes stronger. Also it gives me peace to know that were every I go, that there is Relief society all over the world. For me I am grateful to have Relief Society in my life, how it strength me and it helps me increased my faith and knowledge of Gospel principles. It seems like when I am having a bad day or an off week, it seems like on Sunday the lesson we have in Relief society helps me have a better day and it helps me throughout the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved President Utchdorf's talk. It was what I needed to hear. I think too often I find myself thinking of little critisisms (which often come unbidden)whether directed at myself or someone else. This is something I am continually trying to improve on. But I did love his advice to help remove these thoughts-"STOP IT". How fitting those two little words are.
    There was one other talk that really impressed me. I believe it was Elder Baxter. His talk was directed at the single parents in the church. He related one story that spoke volumes to me. It was about a widow who had 7 children and one night looked at her house completely exhausted. She turned to her Heavenly Father and said, "Dear Father I just can't do it tonight, I can't face it, please can I come stay with you for just one night, just for tonight?" She then heard the answer "No little one, not tonight, but I can come to you." I know that this was directed to the single parents, but at that moment I felt like it was directed at me. Even though my life is stressful, and I have a very long to do list, I can still receive the additional help that I need from a kind and loving Heavenly Father.
    I am grateful for conference and the additional insight we receive as well as the comfort I feel while listening to these great leaders.

    ReplyDelete